What are the Gold Coast Light Rail Community Grants?
The Design and Construction partner of GoldLinQ, McConnell Dowell Constructors Pty Ltd (MacDow) and Bombardier Transportation (BT), established the Gold Coast Light Rail Community Grants program, in 2012. The program aims to deliver financial and social benefits to the communities in which GoldLinQ is constructing. Additionally, community grants aim to support a wide range of organisations that provide important services to Gold Coast residents and businesses affected by the construction of Queensland’s first light rail, as well as future system users.
What are we focused on supporting?
The Gold Coast Light Rail Community Grants has awarded funds to groups that provide lasting community benefit in the areas of:
- Healthy and active living.
- Public transport.
Furthermore, these projects have the ability to address one or more of the following:
- Demonstrate long lasting benefits to the Gold Coast community.
- Enhance community operations through programs, infrastructure or equipment.
- Provide opportunities to raise community awareness for the Gold Coast light rail project.
- Gold Coast Youth Service for the Cleaning-Housing and Support Program.
- Inter Urban Arts for Youth Transport Support as part of the EPIC Theatre Workshops.
- Little Souls Taking Big Steps Limited to provide an IT upgrade for the ABA Therapy Program.
- Mudgeeraba State School for new marquees and portable shelters.
- Southport Tigers Junior Rugby League Football Club for new jerseys.
- Tomewin Mountain Challenge fornew trestle tables.
- Gold Coast and District Rugby Referees Association to train 10 new referees including training course and provide referees with uniforms, whistles, flags, cards and books.
- Gold Coast State Emergency Service Unit for a rescue dummy to train volunteers.
- Labrador State School P&C Association for a 5000ltr water tank and pump to supply water to the Kitchen Garden project.
- Mermaid Beach AEME Surf Life Saving Incorporated for two laptops for community and member education training programs.
- Musgrave Hill State School for fitness stations that students will use as part of the Fit for Future program.
Gold Coast Light Rail Sponsorship
GoldLinQ is proud to be partnering with Surf Life Saving Queensland’s (SLSQ) Gold Coast Nippers to encourage beach and public transport safety among children, worth $20,000 a year for at least two years.
GoldLinQ and SLSQ Gold Coast Nippers will partner to achieve awareness and safety goals. The partnership will help fund the expansion of the Nippers schools education program as well as sponsor surf sports events and the Under 14 Life Saver of the Year award.
- 22 August 2014 16:16